I've got a new notebook, the Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E330 (Intel i3 31110M modell, around 500EUR), which is quite exact covered in in this review. . I just wanted to add a few things i've noticed and how good linux compability is.
This tool has grown over the time and has the following features:
For the POD HD 500 / POD HD 500X / POD HD Desktop / POD HD Pro / POD HD ProX:
- Convert Presets, Bundles and Setlists to each other model. It literally "converts" them , i.e. does not modify any Amp/Cab/FX Setting.
- Edit Bundles, Presets and Setlist:
- Independently change Inputs, Impedance, Amps, Cabs and Mics without changing their parameters. For example, change your live setlist to a studio setlist by changing all pre amp models to full amp models with cab without losing your settings.
- Translate POD HD 300 / POD HD 400 presets to POD HD 500 / POD HD 500X / POD HD Desktop / POD HD Pro / POD HD ProX presets. Click here for more information.
For the POD HD 300 / 400:
- Translate POD HD 500 / POD HD Desktop / POD HD Pro / POD HD ProX presets to POD HD 300 / POD HD 400 presets. Click here for more information.
One thing thats annoying at my selfmade nas is, that the harddisk drives keep park thier heads. Any recent hdds do this to save power, and some
systems even have motion detectors, that will park the head at forthcoming crashes, to prevent damage. WD offers a tool (WDIDLE3.exe) to increase the idle value till the head parks, or you can completely disable it.
So, I've made a custom iso image of the recent UBCD (v5.03) with the WDIDLE3 from WD included.
Read more in the article.
Over the last 4 days i migrated my android contacts and calendar from my just a few months old google account to my own linux server. Actually i've always wanted to run everything on my own, but figured out, when i was new to android, that this is a bit of hassle.
Now, I'm surprised how it's working like a charm. Even with pushing new mail, and everything syncs like at an instance, just as if i would use google.
More after the click.
I frequently run out of space and since notebook times have arrived, i was always shocked about the bad performance of external usb storage. With luck, i get around 10 to 12 mb/s.
Finally intels dualcore atoms have arrived and seem to deliver enough bang for your bucks to hold up as storage and media streamer, plus passive cooled ..
All information outdated, nothing appropriate? Same here!
The Jumpstart (freebsdish for PXE) Guide is from '05, and uses obsolete commands. Other HowTos need a functional FreeBSD system to create a customized image with bsd slices to push from the server (which is unnecessary), so, i wrote up my thoughts.
Complete rewrite as of 2012-05-05:
- Get the current freetz-source from their website or the appropriate freetz-1.2_rc2.tar.bz2 (checked out at 2012-03-21) from my webspace for the patch.
- install the freetz-1.2_rc2.patch or use my precompiled Image for the FritzBox 7270v3 (english) or my precompiled Image for the FritzBox 7270v3 (german) (Read Information further down in text).
- compile source, set up firewall/qos rules.